Locations & Packages for an epic elopement in NYC
WE. ARE. ENGAGED (pops the bubbly,
throws confetti, wait, no confetti, just more bubbly)!!! Now what? There are various types of weddings – elopements, micro weddings, multi-day weddings, and destination weddings, to name a few. As your dedicated NYC Elopement Photographer, we are going to talk about the best place to elope, New York City. Eloping has become extremely popular as of late, and for many reasons. The recent shift during the pandemic has placed many couples into two camps, should we elope or should we postpone.
For the last 10+ years I have been photographing all kinds of weddings for people from all over the globe. I have learned that a celebration of love is unique on its own, but also unique in how we determine what is right for us. So many couples from the world over visit NYC every year, just to elope. Some want a more intimate gathering, while some want the excitement of running away into the sunset for a secret elopement (très romantique). As your expert NYC wedding photographer, I know ALL (every square inch of the 5 burroughs of NYC and then some) of the best locations for wedding pictures as well as what to do before and after your I do’s. Your photos will be uniquely yours and a true representation of your love.
Have fun on your wedding day. That’s the BIG SECRET to beautiful wedding photos.
Let’s talk about WHY couples elope
The modern wedding day can be extremely stressful for couples. Not to mention, ex.pen.sive, I know, I’m in this industry and I know from a vendor and a client standpoint (yah, I’d make a terrible drug dealer, I know) that the numbers add up RATHER QUICKLY. There can be so many pressures to wine, dine, and impress every single person in your life. Are you tired yet? You haven’t even thought about what you’re going to feed these humans or who you’re going to seat them next to and where. Opens a vat of ice cream and possibly more bubbly. How does sneaking off with the one you love, possibly a guest or two to witness, to get married the way YOU want to get married sound? FU#$%^G INCREDIBLE, AMIRIGHT?
And guess what, you will have literally zero stress (and money saved in your pocket) and be able to enjoy every single moment with your person. Isn’t that what a celebration of your love should be on your wedding day?
How to Elope in NYC
Everything you need for how to elope in NYC
- You and your human – the single most important item on this list of how to elope.
- Your wedding date – keep seasons in mind – I do elopements 365 days a year and each season has its own magical goodness.
- What to wear – really you can wear whatever you feel like wearing.
- An officiant – can be a friend or family member that is ordained (I have a few that I love to work with – for any type of ceremony, if you need).
- You’ll need one witness for your NYC elopement and I am more than happy to be that person for you.
- I am not one to turn down flowers (just a bouquet will do). I love Florabrook, Ariel Dearie Flowers, Putnam & Putnam
- A wedding video + live streaming is an amazing addition. I highly recommend Elysium Productions
- A favorite location – some of mine to follow. I suggest somewhere that is personal to you as a couple. I suggest visiting that spot early in the morning or a couple of hours before sunset to see how you like the light. Envision your elopement and see yourself being married in that spot!
- A cake or banana bread pudding (my personal favorite) from Magnolia Bakery is a top priority. Cake for breakfast, I’ve learned, is actually a really great new tradition to enjoy as a married couple.
- Your marriage license (yay paperwork, put the ice cream down) I promise though that this paperwork will be the most fun paperwork that you will ever fill out. I talk all about how to do this in this post about a NYC City Hall Wedding. All you need is 35 bucks and a photo ID. THAT EASY. THAT INEXPENSIVE. YEP.
What services your NYC Elopement Photographer Provides
- Ideal times for the best lighting for your elopement photos.
- Location planning and insights on best parts of the city to photograph in and when. NYC is a busy place and we can tailor a time and place to show all of this or keep it more intimate. Location permits & pricing will vary.
- Candid style of photography – photographing all of your fleeting moments and in-betweens that make up the whole of your elopement day. By having an elopement, the focus is on you two and your love, but in an intimate and relaxing way.
- The wedding glow is real and I’m here to make sure you look your best and to feel your love.
- I can even line up a sweet getaway car and make reservations for a celebratory meal.
- You can choose from 1.5, 3, or 5 hours of photography time with a glorious amount of add ons like a box of every. single. image. or an gorgeous 10×10″ album.
- I deliver images in a beautiful online gallery that you can keep private or share with all of those people I mentioned earlier.
Where to Elope in NYC
Are you seeing how easy it is to Elope in NYC? New York City is easily one of the top destinations in the world to elope in. The city actually never sleeps (currently on pause, but not closed). 24/7 you can get married. Couples during this pandemic are still getting married online through NYC Cupid. In New York City, there are a wide range of places to say I do. From Central Park to Governor’s Island, to the Staten Island Ferry, if you can dream it, we can totally make it happen. I am down to play. I love incorporating my couple’s personalities into their photos and it makes the imagery that much better. Seriously. Any day of the week. I got married on a Wednesday and it was the best day ever surrounded by my nearest and dearest. #WeddingWednesday is actually a trending hashtag.
Having photographed a number of weddings and elopements all over the world, I can assure you an elopement in NYC is unique and magical. As a NYC elopement photographer, I have compiled a *few* of my favorite locations.
NYC Elopement Photography Locations
- The Highline
- Central Park
- Top of the Rock Observation Deck
- Staten Island Ferry
- Governor’s Island
- Coney Island
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Grand Central
- The Riverhouse Suite at 1Hotel Brooklyn Bridge (I have an IN! Fees apply)
- Transmitter Park
- Toes in the sand in Brooklyn
- The steps of the New York Public Library
- Staple Street in TriBeCa
- The cobblestone streets of the West Village
- Morningside Park
Elopement day Timeline tips!
To make the most out of your elopement photos, I suggest planning your day around the light. An early morning or dusk ceremony times are ideal. Realistically, I can make any time of day work. Remember it’s your day, so you do you, boo. I’m here to support you in all the ways! Be sure to plan out a little getting ready spot, wether it’s at home or a beautiful hotel room, have these moments for yourselves, however you would like. I also suggest making a reservation for two or a mini celebration with your nearest and dearest. I have great restaurant recommendations if you need some help deciding!
Can we include guests at our NYC elopement?
Abso-fricken-lutely. Include your pets too (I even have a pet handler to help)! This is your celebration, so who-ever and what-ever you want to do to make it truly yours, you can. Throw caution to the wind. Let your elopement day be the ultimate celebration of your relationship. A micro-wedding is the best combo for having a fun stress-free wedding day and including those you love (no matter how furry they are), however you want to do it. I work closely with Pocket Square Weddings to bring you white-glove service at an affordable investment amount. We can tailor YOUR DAY for 5 guests to 30.
New York, NYC Elopement Photographer Packages
Ninety Minute, 3 hour and 5 hour elopement packages are available.
High-res images with no watermarks
Online viewing and print purchasing gallery with easy image download.
Travel included for anywhere in the NYC, Jersey City, Greenwich, CT area. Available for destination elopements worldwide.
Ninety minutes $1600 | Three hours: $4350 | Five hours $6250
If you have an elopement idea or micro wedding that doesn’t quite fit a package, let me know!
If you’re looking for other awesome location ideas, say hi here.
I’d love to hear more about your celebration plans!
Leila Brewster Photography
101 W. 67th St, NYC, NY 10017